If you are unsure of the Series and model of the CradlePoint router, click here.
For instructions specific to the PHS300, click here.
The CradlePoint products that this article refers to are in the End of Life process, there will be no further firmware updates for any of these products. All Knowledgebase articles related to these products have received their final update. To view our current product line, please visit https://cradlepoint.com/products.Symptom:
Inability to access the CradlePoint router administration pages from any connected device.
Configuration changes or a forgotten administration password.
Warning: Performing a Factory Reset will erase all configuration changes that have been applied to the CradlePoint router. Note: If you factory reset a device that is managed by ECM/NetCloud Manager, the Cradlepoint will automatically connect to the internet, check back in with NetCloud Manager and re-apply the group and individual configuration stored in NetCloud.
To factory reset a device that is in NetCloud Manager, do the following first before trying a software or hardware reset, otherwise it will be reverted to its previous configuration.
Step 1: Log in to Netcloud Manager. Open the Devices tab and select your Cradlepoint Router.
Step 2: If the device is in a group: highlight the router, click "Move", select the parent account, and click "Ok".
Step 3: Once the device is removed from the group, highlight your router, click "Configuration" and select "Clear".
Step 4: Once the router has been removed from its group and the configuration has been cleared, you can factory reset by clicking "Commands" and selecting "Restore to Defaults". You may also use either of the methods described below.
Allow approximately 1 minute for the router to initialize and complete it's boot up cycle before attempting to reconnect to the router. The router has been returned to the original factory configuration so be sure to use the default password and reconfigure WiFi security or any other configuration settings needed.
- Disconnect any devices that are connected physically to the CradlePoint, leave only the power cord connected to the router.
- With the router power ON use a straightened paper clip to press and hold the Reset Button on the CradlePoint for 20 seconds.
- Then, while continuing to hold the reset button, unplug the power adapter cable from the CradlePoint.
- Continue holding the reset button with the power off for 20 seconds.
- Then, while continuing to hold the reset button, plug the power adapter cable back in to the CradlePoint and hold the reset button for an additional 20 seconds.
This article not have what you need? Not find what you were looking for? Think this article can be improved? Please let us know at email@example.com.