NCOS: Configuring a Capable Cradlepoint device as PoE Power Sourcing Equipment (PSE)
Products Supported: AER3100. Click here to identify your router.
NCOS Version: 6.0 - for information on upgrading NCOS Versions, click here.
The AER3100 is capable of providing Power over Ethernet (POE) to connected devices on 2 ports with 802.3at or 4 ports with 802.3af. This article covers the configuration of the Power Supply Equipment (PSE) functionality of the AER3100. PSE operation is independent of port mode (LAN / WAN).
Configuration Difficulty: Beginner
- Step 1: Log into the router's NCOS Page. For help with logging in please click here.
- Step 2: Click on Networking and then Local Networks.
- Step 3: Click on PSE.
- Step 4: Select the port (9, 10, 11 or 12) that you wish to edit. Then select Edit
- Note: You can only edit one ports settings at a time.
- Step 5: Configure the PSE Settings.
- 5a. Set the PSE Mode to Enabled or Disabled.
- 5b. Allocation Type is limited to Class only.
- 5c. Set the Port Priority to Low, High or Critical.
- Note: Port Priority settings for PSE Configuration are used to determine which ports are prioritized when more power is called for from devices than is available. Critical Devices will get their power prioritized over High and then High over Low. This can mean that in certain circumstances, Low or even High power devices can go offline due to insufficient power. Please ensure you prioritize your devices properly.
Published Date: 07/14/2017
This article not have what you need? Not find what you were looking for? Think this article can be improved? Please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.