Cradlepoint Automatic Modem Firmware Update
Products Supported: AER2100, MBR1400v2, MBR1400v1, MBR1200B, CBA750B, IBR6x0. Click here to identify your router.
Firmware Version: 5.3.0 - for information on upgrading firmware, click here.
Firmware version 6.0 has been released and introduces a vastly improved GUI for all current Series 3 routers. Cradlepoint has created new Knowledge Base articles with updated screen shots and instructions for the new GUI layout. As a result, this article has received its final update. To view the version of this Knowledge Base article for Firmware 6.0 and Later please click here.
Beginning with firmware version 4.3.2, certain Cradlepoint modems have the ability to receive modem firmware updates over the Internet connection of the Cradlepoint router. This applies only to the following products; MC400LPE-VZ, MC400LPE-AT, MC300LE-VZ, MC300LP-AT, MC200LE-VZ, MC200LP-AT, IBR600LE-VZ, IBR600LP-AT on Verizon or AT&T networks.
Configuration Difficulty: Beginner
- Step 1: Log into the router's Setup Page. For help with logging in please click here.
- Step 2: Click on Internet and select Connection Manager from the drop-down menu.
- Step 3: Select the modem interface in the WAN Interfaces box.
- Step 5: Click on Firmware.
- Step 6: The Cradlepoint will check online to see if there is a new firmware version. If there is a new version available it will display the new version.
- Step 7: Click Automatic (Internet) to begin the automatic firmware update.
The modem will now go through the following stages as it applies the modem firmware.
After the firmware is applied, the router will reboot and the modem will reconnect (this process can take a few minutes). A double check of the firmware should show it has been updated and no longer show an update available.
Published Date: 12/11/2014
This article not have what you need? Not find what you were looking for? Think this article can be improved? Please let us know at email@example.com.